Translate

Thursday 30 October 2008

It is sooo cold today. Not feeling all that well, eyes a bit painful again & a bit shivery & got a bit of a cough. Perhaps it's old age causing my body to generally disintegrate.
J & I ventured through the hailstorms into town as we wanted to get his hair cut but there was such a long wait at Supercuts we decided to leave it. Went into Wilkinsons instead to get stuff for shoeboxes. These are the shoeboxes you fill with toys & sweets etc & they go to children who won't get any other Christmas presents. We are doing one for church & one for school. Ended up with 2 big bags of stuff & J was actually very helpful, packing shopping into bags for me. I love imagining the children's faces when they open their boxes, what I hate is wrapping the box in Christmas paper, wrapping just isn't one of my skills. My Christmas presents always look like the paper's third hand.
J & I also made a candle together which was really fun & not bad for a first attempt. Perhaps we'll light it when we have dinner. Perhaps I should warn the fire brigade now.
P & J had really good time yesterday, went to RAF & Docklands museums.
We're planning to have a day out tomorrow, all 3 of us. Don't know where we'll go yet. Hope it's warmer. Hope I feel better.

No comments: