Translate

Sunday 2 November 2008

We went to Norwich on Friday. It was a sunny day although a bit cold. Norwich is a fascinating city with lots of interesting & unusual little shops. I would have liked to go round the shops a bit more but P & J weren't all that keen. We went to the castle museum & P & J went up onto the battlements & down to the dungeons while I sat in the cafe for 1 1/2 hours. I couldn't really get through to them that that wasn't 100% fun for me & if I do that for them they should then be prepared to spend the same amount of time going round clothes shops with me. But where they wanted to head next was the model shop. This is one of the really frustrating things about the wheelchair, if I could walk I could just leave them at the museum, say 'see you in 2 hours' & head off to the mall. Really what I need is to get a little scooter to take with us on days out but they're quite expensive & I keep thinking it's not worth it as I'll be better soon. Perhaps when we sell Dorothy's house I'll get one.
On the way home we stopped off at a pub & had something to eat. I had cod & chips which was really nice but I keep thinking now I'm getting older I shouldn't be eating food like that, or perhaps just occasionally. On one table near us a woman was chatting on her mobile phone while the man ate in silence. On the other table near us the man was chatting while the woman ate in silence. This is obviously what passes for 'going out to dinner together' these days. I then remembered I needed to ask Becky to mind J Saturday night but I decided to text instead. What did we do before mobiles?
Yesterday night we went to a 40th birthday for one of P's colleagues. I can really clearly remember her 30th party, we brought baby J along & he kept dribbling over people. It was a really good party although the music was a bit loud (I am getting old!). One thing that was a bit sad though was that a good friend of hers, who was a larger than life character & would definitely have been there, died suddenly aged 43 earlier this year. There was a sort of gap where he would have been.
I'm just thinking how old I'll be when she has her 50th. I can't say I'll probably have a walking stick then cos I've already got one. Perhaps I won't have one by then. Perhaps I'll be dancing the night away.

No comments: