Translate

Thursday 2 October 2008

Yesterday J's class went to a Chinese Puppet Show & had to be at school at 8.20. I won't go through the trials that resulted in us getting to school at 8.21 but he was in time for the coach. On the way he said he didn't want to go to the puppet show & I asked him why not. He replied 'Because we'll have to write about it afterwards' & that made me feel really upset. He is so anxious about writing that it spoils what should be a good day out.
However when I picked him up he was really excited. 3 good things had happened:
He'd gone onto new text book in French club.
Puppet show was brilliant (one even breathed fire!)
He'd been allowed to write about puppet show on computer & it was much better.
In the evening he wrote a story on the laptop rather than by hand & it was so much easier than usual. Do I dare hope that this could be the start of school finally starting to come together for J?
In the evening I went to evening service at church. This was very good but there were only half the number of people that there were last time which was disappointing & I didn't get home until 10 o'clock which is a bit late.
I've got to rush off to school now. Going to another open evening tonight.

No comments: