Translate

Monday 20 October 2008

Have been really, really ill. On Saturday heart beating like mad, felt a bit faint all morning, lay down & had a sleep then got up & had lunch. Immediately afterwards felt really faint & lay down, still felt very faint, heart going crazy then started shivering. P phoned emergency doctor who said I could come to the hospital in an hour and a half when they had a free slot but if I got chest pains or shortness of breath to call an ambulance. So I just lay there waiting to see if I got any chest pains & worrying every time I felt the slightest twinge & wondering if I was short of breath or not. Just to help J came in & jumped on my chest.
Anyway I've had an ECG & it's normal & they think it's all due to a viral infection (which probably caused the pain in my eyes as well) & I've also got 'postural hypotension' which is when you sit or stand up & your blood pressure drops a lot. People with ME tend to get it. Anyway I've just got to rest & I do feel a bit better today. It's a relief to know it's nothing really serious, I just don't fancy a heart problem on top of everything else.

No comments: