Translate

Sunday 16 October 2011

Some more random thoughts

  • J has joined the scouts again. The group (or is it troop or something?) in our village closed down a couple of years ago due to lack of leaders but now it has an enthusiastic new leader and he's gone back again. When he was in it before his shirt completely swamped him, now it hardly fits. He wants to sign up for the winter camp - sleeping in a tent in January, brrr.
  • We've been invited to a wedding and I'm wondering what to wear. The only dress I have is a summer one and really it doesn't fit very well anyway. My usual 'smart' outfit has very thin sleeves and won't look good under my smart coat which is a problem as it's in winter. So should I get a new dress? Should I? P said to 'make something' but the last item of clothing I made was a maternity skirt so I'm a bit out of practice. I could get a casual sort of dress and wear a scarf or something with it for the wedding and then get some more wear out of it.
  • We have actually managed to get an appointment with the SENCO at J's school to discuss what support he needs. We should have had this 2 years ago, I think. I blame the parent liason officer who seemed to see her role as preventing parents coming into contact with teachers at all cost. She's now left & been replaced by an 'adminstrative officer' for each year, one of many changes at school. Anyway this appointment is at 7.30 one morning, a tad early for my liking.

No comments: