Translate

Thursday 20 October 2011

Don't go shopping when it's just turned cold

Today I got up ridiculously early so we could go and meet the SENCO. It actually went quite well, we are all really encouraging J to go and ask her for a laptop to use on class when he has lessons with a lot of writing. He is quite reluctant partly because he doesn't like going to the 'special needs room' and partly because he feels embarrassed about using the laptop in front of the others. This is sad really.

Then I dropped P off at work and went shopping to get a few things for J's school trip. Today was the first day it had turned cold which actually is not a good day for me to go shopping because when I popped into Mountain Warehouse to get J a money belt I also picked up a shaggy fleece, gloves, scarf and warm socks (all for me that is). In M and S I picked up some fleece lined ankle boots and thermal tights. Well they say it's going to be a cold winter. Actually I really did need the boots as my lace-up shoes are finally giving up the ghost after 7 years.

After I got home the friend of a friend who's moving from a caravn to a house came over with her husband and a van to pick up the fridge, cooker and cupboards from P's dad's house. Her husband is deaf and dumb and such a sweet person. It's amazing how much he communicates just by facial expressions and grunts - he got across 'Are you sure the electricity's off before I unscrew this cooker socket?' remarkably well.

It's sad sorting out P's dad's stuff.

No comments: