Translate

Tuesday 25 October 2011

Good school trip & I'm ill

On Friday P took J to school for 4.45 to set off on trip to WW1 Battlefields site in France/Belgium. I was quite worried as I'd forgotten to tell P that car needed petrol so couldn't get back to sleep until he was back home. During the morning I had a phone conversation and exchanged several emails with Year 9 administrator. She is taking statements from everyone involved and says they will get to the bottom of it all. Problem was that both J and Head of Year were on trip and then it was half term so a bit of a delay.

After lunch P and I set off for Surrey as Pierrepont, the healing centre I go to, were celebrating the 25th anniversary of Ellel ministries. Journey took a bit longer than we hoped, took detour through Guildford to avoid traffic and went round in circles for a while. Eventually got to hotel where we were staying overnight. Decided to try and find cinema in Guildford but ended up going round in same circles we had before. Had quite a nice meal in a restaurant instead. Managed (just) to resist the choc fudge brownie with vanilla ice cream and marshmallows and hot chocolate sauce. Didn't sleep very well as room a bit hot and we could hear every step taken by the people in the room above and for some reason they took a lot of steps in the night. However disabled access was very good and staff very helpful and it was a nice room.

Saturday was lovely day and we had awesome time. Couldn't believe how much teaching spoke to us, I have been studying Joshua recently and teaching was all from Joshua and about how we can break down our own personal 'walls' and come to a place of breakthrough. I need breakthrough, I really do. We had a nice lunch and met several people we knew and got to know some knew ones. Then at the end of the day they said we could have some prayer if we needed it which I found really helpful and they offered to pray for P as well.

Almost as soon as we got out of the gates I started to feel a bit unwell. We were driving to pick up J straight from trip, stopping at Sainsburys to get sandwiches on the way. We thought we'd have plenty of time but when J phoned to say they would be early I was a bit concerned as it was the teacher in charge was the same one who led the trip in Year 7 where they had to wait for us to arrive (not really our fault) so it would be really embarrassing. We managed to get there before J and he got off the coach with a big bag of Belgian chocolate and he'd had a very good time. A bit mystified by French breakfast though - 'It was just a croissant & a pain-chocolat'. I asked him if he was moved by seeing all the gravestones 'Spose', he said.

That night in bed I felt like I was still travelling and when I got out of bed the floor was definitely wobbling. I spent Sunday in bed and missed church and spent Monday in bed &and missed going to visit our friends and spent this morning in bed and missed the social highlight of the year - the Over 60s coffee morning and I'm going to have to go and lie down again in a minute. So I'm a bit fed up really. I'm still a bit dizzy and have a sore throat and J is saying he's got a sore throat and is a bit dizzy. Is this the same germ he's had for the last few weeks or a new one?

If you're reading this, friends we missed seeing, we will rearrange for another day when we're all better. 

No comments: