Translate

Sunday 10 July 2011

You win some...

Yesterday morning was a bit frantic with P & J trying to finish their exhibits while I was outside saying 'Open, open' to my cactus which was sitting on the car bonnet to get the full sun. We got everything there with a few minutes to spare. When I got to my section there was an impressive money tree grown by Becky's husband & a rather tatty prickly cactus. It was immediately obvious that the contest was between me & the money tree. A man in faded grey cords who owned the prickly cactus explained very earnestly that he'd made the mistake of repotting it into old compost.
Anyway when we went back in the afternoon P had won first prize & the handicraft cup. J had won second, his friend Tim having come first, & my cactus came first! So a very successful first attempt all round.

J's friend Adam had done very well & won the cup for the men's cooking entry - a victoria sponge. Becky & her family are very, very keen & competitive & all came away with cups or shields.

A good afternoon. Hmm what shall I enter next year?

No comments: