Translate

Friday 8 July 2011

Friday

Today went to what was actually last one of 'new' housegroup because it's closing down. Funny thing is I don't know why it's closing down, when asked the leader said 'Well it was only for a season'. Obviously she's got her reasons. Possibly there will be another group starting up in another town, don't know who will lead it though. Afterwards went out for lunch. I was mentioning my theology course & how much I enjoy it but how hard I find it to write essays & this woman who's really nice but very intense said 'I'll pray for more time for you to do it in,' but I had to admit time is not the issue, I have plenty of time. Then she said: 'I'll give you some advice on how to do it, I've been to university.' I didn't like to say I've been to university too. Anyway I have made a start on my second essay & I'm determined to get on with it. Surprisingly no-one at the table knew that Paul wrote more than 2 letters to the Corinthians.

Picked up J who had a ball of pink slime in his hand he'd made in Science - 'Stop throwing that round the car, don't wipe your hands on your trousers, don't wipe them on the car seat either & DON'T WIPE THEM ON ME!'

He'd also got the drawstring bag he made in textiles which is a nice bag but really I think a whole school year to make just one bag isn't all that impressive, I mean when I was at school I made an embroidered gingham apron & a flowery skirt, or was that in 2 years? I can't remember. I can remember that I never, ever wore the things. I can remember that my needlework teacher really didn't like me. I can remember that needlework lessons were the closest I ever came to a teacher making me cry... Let's try & forget needlework lessons.

No comments: