Translate

Saturday 16 October 2010

Church

This is what has happened at our church. Our minister has stopped being a paid minister & has taken a full time job. He feels he has a call to tell people about God back in his old line of work. He is planning to still run the church on an unpaid very part-time basis, most of what was his work being done by the leadership & members of the church. This was a major shock to us all, some people responded positively, some negatively, quite a lot just confused. At the moment we are having a six month trial to see if it works.
As part of this a new Pastoral Care Team has formed of which I'm a member. We're in charge of making sure the sick & needy people get the help they need. The others are a really nice group of people & I enjoy meeting with them but to be honest I feel already a bit over-burdened by it & concerned that a situation could arise which I can't handle. There's also a part of me which thinks 'I'm sick, I need help.'
Anyway we are just going to have to wait & see how it all works out.

No comments: