Translate

Monday 24 March 2014

Yesterday

One of our new friends at church I'll call Melanie. She started bringing her neigbour's au pair to church. She is a really lovely girl from Brazil. She has been part of our church and housegroup for about 6 months but is going back to Brazil on Friday which is so sad. We all went to lunch yesterday to say goodbye although we're taking her to the station on Friday so it wasn't our final farewell.

Another woman at church asked me to pray with her because she's got anxiety issues and other stuff going on. She said she'd used a friend's blood pressure monitor and it said hers was high. I asked if she'd seen her doctor and she said no she wasn't seeing her doctor at this stage as she just needs to change her attitudes and God will heal her. I totally believe in the power of God to heal but sometimes He uses medical means to make us better and if there's something really wrong with us we might need to take drugs for a time. High blood pressure can be really serious, hope I can persuade her to go to the doctor. 

I'm getting this real sense of frustration at the moment because I feel don't know how to pray effectively for people. There are so many people with really complex problems and I don'tknow how to help them.


No comments: