Translate

Sunday 2 March 2014

Treasures of Darkness

Oh and another thing: Saturday was the twentieth anniversary of the day I first started getting really ill with the viral infecton that would lead to me being diagnosed with ME/CFS/fibromyalgia or whatever you like to call it (I think 'ME' stands for 'Messed-up Existence'). I remember the date cos it was Mum's birthday (well sort of birthday - she was born on Feb 29th but it wasn't a leap year in 1994). Actually it would turn out to be her last (unless they have birthdays in heaven).

So 20 years of illness, 20 years of almost constant pain, 20 years of not doing all sorts of things with my life that I'd like tohave been doing and actually on Saturday I did sit down and have a cry. But it's been also a time of adventure - in seeking God for healing I have been on such an amazing journey. I've come to know God as my Father who loves me to bits & won't ever let me down, Jesus as my Lord and Saviour, my Redeemer, my King, my Friend and perhaps most of all my Shepherd who leads me along the path to where He wants me to go and when it all gets too much wraps me in His shepherd cloak and holds me close to His heart.

'And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the Lord, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.' Is 45:3 (KJV)

No comments: