Translate

Tuesday 25 March 2014

My mega bath

J seemed a lot brighter this morning and stayed at school all day. When we picked him up he said he had a headache but looked a lot better than he has done of late. Good! Then we went to Costa for a mocha for P, chocolate cooler for J and a decaf flat white for me then on to the optician where both J and I escaped without needing new glasses.

The other thing we did today was look for a bath tap. I've had a problem with our bath for the last 6 years. The thing is that a hot bath is really the only thing that helps my aches and pains (helps them to go away I mean). The other thing is that the bath we hurriedly installed back in 2008 was just too small - too short for my 5ft 7 in height, too narrow and too shallow. It was a bit of an ongoing niggle - would it be extravagant to take it out and get another? Then a few weeks ago P said we could take it out and put it in his dad's old house which we're planning to do up (better get tenants who are small in stature). So we found a bigger one and actually P suggested getting an 'air bath' as well which will help my aching muscles even more - I love you P. Ok so we have this lovely queen size bath in the space where our little bath was and P had idea of cutting a notch in the wooden panel at the end to push the front of the bath in so there'd be a bit more space at the back. This then necessitated getting a tap to go on the wall at the side. We discovered though that apparently wall taps are out of fashion so are a bit tricky to find plus we need ones my arthritic fingers can manage but we have found two possibilities. Won't arrive until sometime next week so just looking longingly at my bath at the moment and having showers instead - which is ok and infinitely better than the caravan.

No comments: