Translate

Tuesday 13 December 2011

School trip

What had been meant to be an organised & punctual departure for J's school trip somehow descended into a chaotic, me discovering J had just stuffed everything into his case instead of folding his clothes, him frantically trying to stuff his shoes in, P crumpling everything even more in an effort to get it all in, me yelling that what was the point in me washing and ironing clothes if they were going to end up like that, J agreeing to carry his shoes in separate bag, still not able to find camera, P pointing out it was J's responsibility to look after his camera and why hadn't he put it away and he should me more responsible with his possessions and here he can use this other camera but it's not as good, J forgetting his watch which P had bought specially, me repeatedly pointing out how many times I'd told J to get everything ready the night before, J just grunting, ending up in mad dash to get to school on time making it by just a couple of minutes during which journey I asked J to promise to wash and brush his teeth and wear his coat and have a great time. Then he was getting on the coach with his friends and the teacher was checking his passport and we were driving off and I was blinking back the tears.

Then P got to work and opened his briefcase and guess what was inside - J's camera.  He must have borrowed it sometime.

No comments: