Translate

Wednesday 14 December 2011

Letter writing time

On the school website they've got a blog written by one of the teachers on the trip saying how they're getting on. Isn't that a nice idea! They're having a great time apparently.

Yesterday I had a nice long lie-in. Mmmm. Then I wrote all my Christmas cards (I think) which is really early for me. Just have to write the Christmas letter. This is a bit of a serious undertaking since I managed to unintentionally offend one of my relatives with it one year and she didn't speak to me for months. Actually I think I'll take the attitude that if someone chooses to be offended by anything that's up to them and that particular person won't receive a letter.

Someone in my family, mentioning no names, said that because of the recession let's not do cards or presents this year. So I thought ok if you can't afford it I understand and I never know what to get you anyway although I do feel not sending cards is going a bit far and I'll probably still send you one. Fine. Then in an email the other day this person said the money they'd save by not sending us presents they'd donate to charity. This is kind of weird. Shouldn't the money you donate to charity come from what you'd have spent on yourself not what you'd have spent on other people?

I know some people have hundreds of cards to write and it's a real chore but I really miss the days at church when we all gave each other cards. Now we sign one big card and give the money to charity although we still give cards to a few people. I just liked the chance to write a nice message to someone and perhaps say thanks for all you've done this year and I liked all the cards sitting prettily on the shelf. 


What am I going to write in my letter?

 


No comments: