Translate

Sunday 4 December 2011

Bit of an update

J & I should be at church but we're not. He's on his top bunk coughing & I'm lying here keeping him company & trying to rest my leg. I'm really hoping P brings us back a couple of turkey rolls from the church lunch. With stuffing & cranberry sauce please.

Had a text from Sophie my housegroup leader whose house was burgled this week. I don't know what was taken but I know it included some of the children's stuff. Horrible, horrible thing to happen. There have been a lot of break-ins round here lately. One woman at church arrived home to find her front door smashed in then two men came running out of it holding her daughter's ipod. Don't think they would win any intelligence contests though as they had parked just across the road. As they drove off she filmed the number plate with her mobile & it wasn't long before the police came knocking.

My friend Becky's granddaughter made her appearance a week ago - in the back of the ambulance. The ambulance took an hour and a half to arrive & it was a quick labour. A bit traumatic especially as no pain relief apart from a bit of gas and air at the end. Ambulance man got drenched when her waters broke. Still she's a lovely little baby with a pretty Victorian name & her mum's recovering.

J has started wearing his glasses & there don't seem to have been any problems at school. I think he's impressed with how much better he can see.

No comments: