Translate

Friday 2 December 2011

A poorly J & a Christmas Fayre

Ok blue background looks stupid.

The main thing that has been happening over the last few days is that J has been ill. He came home from school on Tuesday night all shivery & when I took his temp it was 38.1. Oh dear. Had aches & pains & sore throat plus slightly runny nose. Really seems like flu. Been lying around in bed or on the sofa ever since but has now made it to the computer so things looking up. I thought that since we all had swine flu the winter before last & J & I had flu last winter that we wouldn't get it this year. I was wrong.
Big concern is piano exam next Tuesday. Is he going to be well enough?
Tomorrow we were going to see our friends who we had to cancel in October because I was ill now we've had to cancel again. 

P & I have just popped in to Christmas Fayre at J's old junior school. Very nice but as usual so crowded it's hard to get round. We were waiting in a queue to get into one of the rooms & suddenly realised that what we were queuing for was Santa's grotto. Perhaps we're just a little bit too old. Reminded me of the first time I ever took J in there when he was 4. He came out most indignant 'Father Christmas asked me what I wanted for Christmas & I said a train & he gave me a fire engine!' I could see his point.


Actually the other night when I asked him if he'd brushed his teeth I could see he was contemplating lying about it & I went into this lecture about the evils of lying. Then he said 'You lie sometimes'. 'Ok, give me an example.' 'Santa.' Hmmm.


At the fayre I had some really nice mulled wine & felt I ought to try the chocolate fountain & buy some cupcakes. I also got a really nice little decorated box with paper flowers on top. Someone's getting that for Christmas.

No comments: