Translate

Tuesday 16 September 2008

Woke up feeling low but determined to get a grip. Was supposed to be going to church house group but it was cancelled at last minute which was a shame but at least saved me having to rush around getting ready.
Apparently there is a competition to find the most untidy house in Britain & I think we really stand a good chance of winning. It's such a tip! And I haven't got the strength to tidy up. And I haven't got anyone to help.
Feeling a bit frustrated as I have been doing some scanning of aerial photos for P's work (they're paying me for it!) but I can't get scanner to work properly this morning & P in a meeting.
Phoned Emily from church who's got daughter in year 5 & advised her to go to school open evenings this year rather than leaving it all until last minute like we've done (but no-one told us). Talked for quite a long time which was nice. For the rest of today I'm not going to worry about senior school situation.
Anyway three positive things to be really thankful for:
1) Last term nearly every Tuesday J was feeling ill, largely I felt due to being tired after cubs the night before. Yesterday he had basketball after school & then had cubs in the evening & this morning he was fine!
2) Tomorrow we're going out for lunch. There's a restaurant I would really like to go to but I can't remember what it's called or where it is which is a slight problem. It's a new upmarket Chinese out in the country that's all I know. Anyway we'll find somewhere nice to go.
3) Yesterday was nice & sunny in the afternoon & I was able to sit out in the deckchair in the sun. It might even brighten up a bit later today.
In fact I've got lots & lots of things to be thankful for.

No comments: