Translate

Tuesday 9 September 2008

I keep saying to myself that having a slug crawl up your leg is a once-in-a-lifetime experience & I don't need to keep surveying my immediate environment for slugs & I don't need to constantly check my socks for wildlife & I don't need to turn my clothes inside out before I put them on just in case...
Yesterday morning I woke up feeling really rough, I stayed in bed as long as I could which is always a bad move. I lay there thinking 'I should have turned up his new trousers, has he got clean socks? I should have ironed his shirt, I should have filled in all those forms to be sent into school, I wonder where his reading book is, his nails need cutting...' All this paled into insignificance when I COULDN'T FIND HIS LUNCHBOX. The reason I couldn't find it was because he hadn't brought it home from school. Anyway I got him to school with an unironed shirt & long flappy trousers & chopped his nails as we went out of the door & the forms would have to do today but I forgot them today anyway.
Sometimes the effort involved just to get through the simple everyday things of life is so HUGE it's overwhelming. What does it feel like to be normal & healthy & do these things?
I got home from school & managed to put the washing on & sat there feeling exhausted. I opened my Bible & it opened at the bit from Isaiah on the right 'those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength' which was definitely encouraging.

No comments: