Translate

Monday 29 September 2008

I spent the morning scanning photos & praying a bit at same time. This afternoon I went & picked up P from work as we had appointment with J's teacher. This was to talk about his writing. He has always has some difficulty with writing & gets very anxious about it. This has been getting worse over the last few weeks as the amount of writing has increased dramatically in year 6. We are thinking of getting him tested by a private psychologist as we think he's probably a bit dyslexic. Each year we've been into school & talked to his teacher but never really got anywhere. But today we got a result! His teacher agreed to try letting him use a laptop in class & for homework which should be easier. He also said if he's doing that in primary school they can recommend to his senior school that he can do it there too.
He feels that we shouldn't go for local grammar school which is very pressured but should try one further away. We'd just about decided to give up on the grammar idea & J did no work all weekend. Perhaps we should get back to the grindstone. Tomorrow we're looking round local grammar (hope J doesn't like it) & going to open evening at technology college.
Anyway straight after meeting with teacher P had governors meeting just down the corridor so he pushed me out to car to wait for J to finish basketball. Things got a bit complicated as J going to firestation with cubs at 6 o'clock & P had offered to provide lifts. Normally P does cooking but I had no choice but to quickly prepare pasta for J & me & ready meal for P's Dad. I took a plate of food for P to eat in car then picked him up, having left meeting early, & drove home then P & J went back to village hall to meet up with other cubs. I was settled down doing some scanning when the back door opened & I thought 'Oh no, I'm going to be murdered!' but it was P, they hadn't needed him after all so we went to Waitrose.
J just got back, having had wonderful time with fire hose.
I think I definitely need some sleep.

No comments: