Translate

Sunday 7 September 2008

Phew! Have managed to get into my blog again. For the last couple of days I couldn't but I've just reset my password & I'm in again, don't know what went wrong.
Something really yukky happened this morning. I scooted up to the caravan & suddenly felt something wet above my ankle. I shook my trouser leg & a slug fell out!! It must have fallen onto my shoe & crawled up my leg. Seriously yuk!!
Have just got back from church lunch which was preceded by special service for kids who'd been to holiday club in the summer. Very lively! J's friend Adam came & so did his mum Louise which was nice. I'm not sure she really liked all the action songs & didn't join in & neither did the boys (J said they were 'stupid songs') but they did some of the craft activities in the hall afterwards & I think Louise enjoyed the lunch. We were sitting next to someone with really cute baby who has Down's syndrome. We kept taking it in turns to hold her, she's so soft & cuddly. She fell asleep on my lap which felt really nice. When we were in church I told J off & woman in front jumped - it turned out her son has same unusual name as J & she thought I was talking to him!
Have just spoken to both my brother & Dad on phone, neither of them are flooded as like us they live quite high up. I feel so sorry for all those people who have been flooded it must be awful.
P is busy making bathroom cabinet. It's getting closer & closer to the day I'll have a bathroom.
Quite preoccupied with senior school application at the moment. Firstly J is going to try for some of the selective schools & is having to prepare for the exams. This is a bit of a concern as we got a bit behind when he kept being so unwell. Also, although he gets most of the answers right on the practice papers he is way too slow & when he tried a timed test paper yesterday he only answered half the questions. We really need to work on exam technique. He has to do two exams for the one which is for the grammar schools he does 3 50 minute papers - English, Maths & verbal reasoning. For the other exam which is for the technical college he does Maths & non-verbal reasoning. It's all very hard & even if he did get through I'm not sure which would actually be the best school for him & whether the grammar schools would be too much pressure & if he gets into the second choice grammar it's 15 miles away.
We have a maximum of four schools to put on the application form & as we will probably apply to 3 selective schools we need to put down one comprehensive. There are 3 comprehensives we could apply to, the problem is that the one for which we are in the 'priority application area' (which means he's almost guaranteed a place) I'd have to drive him to but he could get a bus to the others. But I could ask to be considered as a special case due to my disability if I could get a doctor's note to say it would be much easier for me if he could get the bus. However I would have to do that now with the application so we have to make a decision pretty soon. In a few weeks time we will be looking round the schools & hopefully it'll become a bit clearer. If we really like some schools & hate others it would be much simpler.
Anyway it's all a bit complicated but I'm really trying not to worry about it & place it in God's hands & trust him that J will end up at the school that's right for him.


No comments: