Translate

Wednesday 5 October 2016

Chocolate making

Well I managed the 40 days without chocolate. I hoped that would give me a permanent dislike for the stuff but it hasn't quite worked out like that. In fact yesterday I made some which turned out to be delicious but very strong and rich (cocoa content about 100%) and I think is probably healthier than the bought stuff in that there is less sugar, no unnecessary 'artificial ingredients', must have lots of anti-oxidants and it's so rich you can't eat very much.

I love cooking but I always end up walking around the kitchen more than I should and my feet ache afterwards, in fact last night they felt like they were on fire and I got up at 2 am and put them in a bowl of cold water. What I'm wondering is if I could rearrange things in the kitchen so that I don't have to walk so much.

This evening we went to the cinema, I don't know why we thought going in the rush hour was a good idea and we ended up having a coffee and going into the next viewing because we were so late. Then we came home to an empty house which felt very strange. Then I watched Bake Off and fell asleep so I think I'll have to watch it again, or maybe not.

No comments: