Translate

Monday 24 August 2015

Getting into the car

This is how I get in the car:

P pushes me in wheelchair into living room, opens both french doors and puts ramp into position. He then carries walking frame to car. He pushes me down ramp while I call out "Not too fast!"

He lines wheelchair up parallel to car and just behind rear door. He removes wheelchair leg support while I hold the leg. He helps me to my foot and holds the leg and I lean on walking frame. With him still holding the leg I pivot on my left foot so I rotate through ninety degrees. Then as he still holds the leg I lower myself onto the seat. He lifts the leg so that it rests on plastic bit between two front seats. Then he loads the wheelchair, leg support and walking frame into the back of the car.

Then comes the difficult bit - I do up my seat-belt - our rear ones are really tricky.

No comments: