Translate

Tuesday 24 July 2012

Feeling sea sick

We decided at very short notice to go somewhere for a little break.
'Where shall we go?' said P.
'York,' I said because although P and I went there back in 1985 we've been saying we should take J.
P found a last minute deal in a bed and breakfast and off we went, having resigned ourselves to the fact that it would probably be pouring with rain the whole time but at least there were plenty of museums etc.


We had a good journey. The guest house was really nice and the owners friendly. There was just one thing: as soon as I got to our room I started feeling slightly as if I was sea-sick and I thought 'Oh no, I'm going down with something.' Next morning as we had (a delicious) breakfast the woman serving it said 'Have you noticed our sloping ceiling?' Then I realised: the floor of our room sloped. That's why I was feeling funny. How strange.


More about York later, it's dinner time.
 

No comments: