Translate

Tuesday 18 September 2012

I'm back

Ok bad bad blogger, haven't blogged for ages, couldn't even remember password.

Since P has stopped work we seem to be going out all the time and when he and J are at home they hog the computer which means that although I have been meaning to put some photos on my blog for ages I haven't.

So, what we did over the summer was go to York as I've mentioned, then soon after we went to Faith Camp which was awesome as usual, then at the end of August we went to Ireland where we shared a cottage with my brother and family plus his mother in law and my niece's friend. We flew with his mother in law and the rest of them went by ferry. We had a nice easy journey, the only problem being that we had two people using wheelchairs in our party and the airline hadn't put us in the right seats. This was ok, they just put us in different seats but forgot to mention it to the people who were originally in those seats. Several confused people milling around in the confined environment of an aeroplane was interesting.

Our cottage was nice and big and comfortable. The only downside was a dog who yapped at night. I was the only one who was excessively bothered by this so my suggestions that we should turn him into stew were not followed up.

I'm going to put my photos on facebook when P has finished perfecting them. Being married to a photographic perfectionist can have both advantages and frustrations.

On the Sunday we had a big family gathering, having lunch in a hotel which was nice. It was a carvery and as I sat in the queue in the wheelchair the man in front said 'Why don't you stay at the table and let your husband get your food?' 'Because I like to choose what I eat,' I replied. He looked at me like I was weird. 

On the Tuesday night we had a 'Murder Mystery Evening' organised by J which went very well.

On the Thursday some of our group went for a walk up a mountain organised by my cousin's partner which they all enjoyed. Then they came back to the cottage for a meal and some games of cards.

We were out and about a lot of the time as well, looking round castles etc

All in all very enjoyable but exhausting.   

No comments: