Translate

Saturday 15 January 2011

My week

We've had so much rain here, the roads are almost but not quite flooded. On Monday my cleaner came & I did load of tidying. In the afternoon the Pastoral Care Team came for a meeting. They noticed & liked our new green glass splash backs which was good. Can't remember if I mentioned we'd got them. Then I picked J up from school & took him to library. On Tuesday I went to my usual housegroup which is where I got really frustrated but I'm not going to say any more about it now. In the evening I took J to his swimming lesson. His friend Tim was supposed to meet us at the pool after an after school club then come home with us as Becky his mum was taking older daughter back to uni. Trouble was club was cancelled & I got phone call from Tim saying he was on bus & would get off at our house. Of course we weren't at our house we were at swimming pool. Sigh. Got him sorted out in the end. On Wednesday we went to the Christmas lunch that was postponed because of the snow. Very nice but in spite of crackers & tinsel didn't feel like Christmas. My starter of smoked mackerel pate was just a bit too filling really but turkey & all the trimmings was yummy. Picked up J & after quick dinner P took him to piano lesson then went on to Unity meeting. On Thursday I had nice quiet day at home. J went to friend's house after school & didn't come back until 8.00. He had gone into sweet shop & spent next day's lunch money on mini-eggs & tic-tacs. Think he got a bit carried away by his taste of freedom - he & friend went home from school on train. On Friday went to new house group, they are such nice caring people, good to be back there. Watched dvd of someone called Joseph Prince. It was really moving somehow.
This morning got phone call to say an elderly man at our church, who used to be a minister there, had died. He had been unwell a long time & he slipped away very peacefully apparently. Will miss him though. Feel a bit sad.

No comments: