Translate

Sunday 9 January 2011

Christmas

Ok this is what I did over Christmas. Despite the snow we set off for Wales. Had bad journey, heavy snow caused traffic jams. Finally got going on motorway when lorry driver started beeping & pointing at our tyre - puncture! Phoned Breakdown company - 12th in queue. P realised tyre not completely flat, managed to pump it off & get to tyre place a couple of miles away. Had booked place to stay in Shropshire, by time got there roads freezing & thick fog - scary! Hotel finally loomed out of fog looking like a scene from a Christmas card. Never so glad to see a hotel. Had nice meal & good night's sleep. Roads to Wales nice & clear until got to within couple of miles of my brother's when they were completely uncleared. Took wrong turning, ended up down little lane which petered out & we got stuck. Along came a truck & eventually towed us out. Set off again, a mile from my brother's couldn't get up hill. P & J set off for help leaving me alone in car. Along came a nice man in a landrover. Only way he could unstick me was to tow me backwards up hill. Yikes! But I did it & arrived triumphantly at my brother's place. Had really good Christmas day & Boxing Day except couldn't get car out to go to church & J went down with temperature on Christmas Eve although he was better for Christmas Day. I started feeling a bit unwell Christmas Day, took loads of paracetamol but a few days later symptoms more like full blown flu - very high temperature, very unwell, bad cough etc etc. J also went downhill a bit again. Anyway it ended up P & J went home leaving me behind for New Year feeling a bit like Cinderella. On the Sunday my brother was taking his mother in law home & took me along as well. On the way I started feeling really sick which was awful but when got away from hills felt better. A mile from mother in law's flat my brother's car broke down. Some friends of hers came & picked her & me up & took us to her flat. My brother got towed home, arriving at 4.30 am. P & J came the 50 miles to get me.
Apart from everything it was really nice to be with my family for Christmas, thank you for such a nice time if you read this.

No comments: