Translate

Friday 19 November 2010

Who wants to be a wombat?

P's brother is here for a couple of days. He's here to try & sort out his dad's house out a bit which is good.

J had a non-uniform day at school today, unlike the last time he & I remembered. He went off to school in his hoodie which has WOMBAT across it. This hoodie is made from fair-trade cotton & guaranteed not made by child-labour ( made by a company called Wombat, believe it or not). This is a result of the research I did when I was preparing for the pudding & prayer evening as I wanted us to do some serious praying about slavery & human trafficking etc Anyway while the prayer evening didn't happen I did start to have more of a conscience about fair trade issues which is why I paid about 4 times what I'd have paid at Peacocks for J's hoodie.

His big concern though was that for the rest of his school days he'd be called 'Wombat'. Apparently that didn't happen though. Anyway being called Wombat's better than being called Gingerhead.

I think.

No comments: