Translate

Tuesday 30 November 2010

This week

I'm just trying to think what else I've done recently. Hmm...

Last weekend we had J's school fayre at which there were just wonderful chocolate brownies, still warm. Bliss...

P's brother stayed only one night instead of two because his wife was missing him so much! It was quite handy though as we had Tim & his sister to sleep so it wsa easier to work out who slept where.

I spent ages helping J with Biology homework at which I should be an expert really but he only got a good mark, not a very good mark (school say we can & in fact should help with homework) but honestly it took 3 hours, how much longer do they expect? I thought my arm movements demonstrating the action of cilia in your respiratory tract & what happens when you smoke was pretty good. So was my idea of stuffing buttons (ie platelets) & tissues in a tube to represent your arteries getting clogged up. Shame the platelets ended up getting thrown around the room.

I went to both old & new housegroups & went out to lunch with new group which was very nice but a lot of new people to get to know. Leader is so nice though. Leader at old group is really nice but she does turn up looking like a model, really she does, black leather mini skirt, thigh boots, immaculate make-up & hair dyed red (as in scarlet) & it sort of makes me feel a bit inadequate sometimes in my tracky top & jeans & hardly-brushed hair. Apart from that though she really doesn't know the Bible very well which is the big problem.

And then this really misery-making thing happened at the group (old one this is). This lady in her seventies turned to me and said 'These young mums make me feel young again, don't you find that?' at which I gave her a look of despair & she said 'Well you're not as old as me but you're not as young as them are you?' 'Shall we start the study?' I said.
Sigh.

Then on Sunday morning we had this missionary couple visiting whom we've known for years & I was talking to her & she said 'What's your name?' cos she didn't recognise me. Is this cos I've got so old?
Sigh.

We went to this other church on Sunday evening & the teaching was awesomely good which made the sermon we'd had in the morning seem not really all that good. We've got a lot of different people preaching now, which is good in some ways but quality is a bit patchy at times.
Sigh.

No comments: