Translate

Friday 12 June 2009

This is what stands out in my mind from our holiday:
  • Had fairly good journeys both ways, both times turned off just before major jams. Took a bit of a circular route through mountains cos I got confused in dark & rain. Told P there were only so many times I was prepared to listen to his Clannad tape.
  • On the way home called in on some friends which was really nice.
  • Most of the time had good weather except on the Wednesday which P spent lying around having a bad cold & I spent playing Monopoly with J & older niece & then I played barbies with younger niece while the others made Tudor biscuits from a recipe in J's horrible histories book. You boil them, then bake them. They had a nice flavour but consistency a bit strange, not sure they got quantities right.
  • J did a lot of bouncing on trampoline.
  • I went to see my younger niece in a dancing show which was really lovely. While we were there P & J went off & explored the area.
  • Also went to watch a film of a Swan Lake performance. It's so nice to do girly things sometimes.
  • P & I went out to a noodle & wasabi bar. Food delicious but restaurant crowded, not like at home mid-week.
  • We all went to the Centre for Alternative Technology. They had some really good children's activities. All 3 children joined in the story telling. They had to collect some objects from wood - stones, leaves, twigs etc & make up a story about someone going on a journey using their objects. I was really impressed how well J did. Perhaps if they taught story telling like that at school?
  • Countryside absolutely beautiful. Still lots of bluebells out.
  • Took older niece for a test at hospital. Car park full so P dropped 3 of us off & said entrance just through passageway. It was - through passageway & up steep hill. J & older niece took one handle each & pushed.
  • Brought some of our stuff back that was in my brother's loft.
  • Older niece decided to teach J to ride a bike. Was doing well until P decided to help. I think he realises now that when he said 'Whatever you do don't brake' he should have added 'unless you're about to crash into the side of the house.' J's grazes have nearly healed.
  • Had really wonderful time with my family. Want to go back!

No comments: