Translate

Saturday 27 June 2009

The other things I've done this week, as far as I can remember are:

On Monday did lots of tidying.
On Tuesday went to funeral for old man from church we had been visiting in hospital sometimes. He died very peacefully. The last time I saw him he held my hand tightly & gave a lovely smile. A lot of people at funeral & a very moving service. On Tuesday afternoon our minister & Linda from church came & prayed with me, P was there too. Just had a very simple time but there was a real sense of peace & I have felt more peaceful since.
Wednesday was coffee morning then watched some Wimbledon then picked up J, scooted round town quickly & got him another Bear Grylls book, picked up P & took J to dentist. J liked it a lot more than old one which is good. Had been concerned he would need orthodontic treatment on front teeth but seem to be straightening out now. For some reason quite a few of his adult teeth have come through before the baby teeth have fallen out so they don't have enough space at first. Dentist said some of his back molars are deformed, too small & missing the top layer but there is a new treatment that can build them up so he did first layer & will do another at each checkup for a while. Then went home & watched more Wimbledon.
On Thursday went into town, met up with P, got J's photos from residential trip back, for some reason he took a lot of pictures of his bed. Did a bit of shopping, rushed back to get J, went swimming, I went to doctors for check-up, doing fine, then more Wimbledon.
Friday did a bit of sorting out paperwork then fell asleep. Watched a bit of Wimbledon, just when Federer match got interesting had to go out as had arranged to go round Lucy's for coffee. Took her some flowers as after many attempts & thousands of pounds she has just passed her driving test. She had left her car in Village Hall car park as she couldn't get it into her garage. She has this horrendously narrow garage. Did I mention that last week my wing mirror collided with her garage wall & was quite badly cracked? 'How can you crash into a wall?' P asked. 'The same way you crashed into a post.' I felt like saying. Actually he was quite reasonable about it, just a bit mystified & the post he reversed into he really couldn't see whereas I can't really say I couldn't see the wall, I was just looking the other way.

No comments: