Translate

Thursday 18 June 2009

On Monday J went off on residential school trip. It was all a bit of a rush getting ready, I don't know why but I always get a bit stressed when it comes to packing but we arrived at school almost on time. Louise & another mum helped us get from the car park & we joined the parents & children milling round in the hall. The girls all seemed to be staying close to their mums while the boys stood together in a group acting like the adults were nothing to do with them. Louise & I pondered the real possibility that our sons could go for a whole 5 days without washing at all. Then we went out to take group photos of the children in their special tee shirts. This was the moment when my camera ceased to function. Hopefully someone will let me have one of their photos.
Then the girls were flinging their arms round their mums' necks & going 'Mummee I'll miss you' & the boys were rushing out of the door with a casual 'Bye' & they were on the coach & gone. Only one mum burst into tears. I don't think any of the boys' mothers would dare.
I wasn't worried about J as he's been to cub camp so hopefully he won't get homesick. I'm sure he's been having a wonderful time. Meanwhile although it's been really strange without him we've been using the opportunity to go out & have a bit of child-free, no need to worry about a babysitter fun. This included a really yummy meal on Tuesday night - seafood risotto, hot chocolate fudge cake & vanilla ice-cream. Bliss!
I've also taken the opportunity to sort J's room out a bit. I'm sure he's going to be so grateful.

No comments: