Translate

Thursday 14 May 2009

I'm just feeling like all the computers in the world are ganging up against me. On this one I keep losing internet connection, at the same time I'm doing some scanning on our other laptop & it's just not working properly & I don't know why.
P & I both had a bit of an unusual start to our day (or should it be days?). On his way in to work he found an old man by the market totally confused & not knowing where he was, how or why he was there or where he lived. All he could remember was his wife's name. P called an ambulance & they came & took him to hospital. Poor man, hope he's ok.
I stopped outside somebody's house (where there wasn't a car in the drive) for a couple of minutes to let J out this morning & the woman from the next house came out & started being really rude about me parking across a drive. 'That's not a parking space, you shouldn't park there!' she said. I said I wasn't parking, I was just stopping & wasn't getting out of the car & I would move if anyone wanted to get in but she said 'That's not the point!' & stormed off.
I know it must be frustrating living near the school & there are a very small minority of parents who do park selfishly but they have chosen to live there & they must expect some congestion around 9.00 & 3.00 near a school & it wouldn't hurt to show a little tolerance & understanding now & then.
Anyway this wouldn't have happened if J hadn't been in go-slow mode this morning so we could have got there on time to park somewhere else. His reluctance to go to school isn't diminishing at all at the moment, especially as he's doing his SATs this week. He came out nearly in tears after the writing ones so I don't think they went very well but the others seem to have been ok so far.

No comments: