Translate

Sunday 19 February 2017

Hello again

Been a long time since blogged. In fact have thought about giving up blogging cos have I really got very much to say? Or should I start a totally new blog? But today here I am lounging on the sofa with a dripping nose (cold probably caught when visiting J last weekend - tip - if someone's coughing and sneezing don't hug them) & have been reading my Anne Tyler novel but need a rest from that and thought I'd pop over here.

So since I last posted we had Christmas. It was so lovely to have J home again, felt like he'd never been away but felt a bit on the awful side when we took him back again. And ok I cried, just sat in the car and cried.

In many ways he's getting on well at uni but the first half of term had a very demanding lecture schedule and he has been ill with one cold or another the whole time. He now has less lectures so things should get easier. Like I said we visited him last weekend but he was coughing and sneezing almost continuously. If he felt like I feel now he did amazingly well to not miss any lectures. 

We also had Mavis over on Christmas Day, she is doing well but getting very tired these days - she does have a bit of heart failure. We also had a couple of parties (one a bit more enjoyable than the other tbh) and a few Christmas meals out. I missed going to Wales to see my family but my brother and my niece called in on the way back from her uni and it was lovely to see them and exchange presents. Went to 'old church' with J on Christmas morning. All in all a bit of a quietish low key but very enjoyable Christmas.

 

No comments: