Translate

Sunday 19 February 2017

Being appy

Sooo I'm trying to think what else has been happening:

The knee is doing very well. Still a bit stiff and sore but the doctor said it would take about a year for the operation wound to heal. We bought a secondhand exercise bike so I could try and keep the joint mobile. I only manage two minutes a day (and tell it I'm 75 so it will give me an easy ride) but it's definitely helping. P meanwhile is going great guns on it - currently about 10 km a day but has plans to go further.

P and I have joined a beginners' German class and I'm really enjoying it. In fact I'm beginning to think I have a bit of an aptitude for languages. Sooo why did none of my school teachers ever tell me that? Why did they let me go through most of my life not studying languages?

Actually one thing that's good about our adult education is that they bend over backwards to help disabled people. When P couldn't come one week and droppd me off with  my scooter I felt quite nervous but everyone was so helpful.

 I must say though that there comes a time in learning German when it becomes a bit complicated like when they start talking about how the word order in sentences changes under different circumstances. J assures me that it's going to get a lot more complicated than this. Thanks J.

I have been doing a bit more decluttering and the results are beginning to show though I am beginning to accept that we will always have lots of books.

Church is going well, I have rejoined the welcome team and have become a 'prayer link' person i.e. connecting with other churches in our network to exchange prayer requests. Because these days this sort of thing involves WhatsApp I finally had to give in and get a smartphone and I have spent the last few weeks trying to work out how to use it. Think I'm beginning to get the hang of it and am discovering the wonderful world of apps. This morning I loaded the whole of Dickens for free and listened to an audio version of 'A Tale of Two Cities' read with an American accent. I also have an app to track my chocolate consumption (not sure the word 'fail' is all that encouraging). Also have several Bible apps, a GPS, First Aid app, Duolingo, Evernote and a shopping list app. There may be more.

No comments: