Translate

Tuesday 28 February 2017

23 years is too long

Carried on feeling ill for a couple of days but was well enough to go and visit J at the weekend. Had a lovely time with him. On Saturday we went out to a Mediterranean restaurant and discovered a second hand bookshop which had a sale on. Bliss. I bought a book called 'Marley and Me' by John Grogan because when I was sorting out some paperwork I came across an extract from this book which J had studied at GCSE and it made me laugh aloud and I thought I must get that book sometime.

On Sunday we went to his church which we really liked. There was a real 'God moment' during the worship and the people were really friendly. It was nice to see him so settled there.

Then I began to feel qute ill again and by the time we got home was quite unwell and stayed in bed all yesterday morning. Sigh.

This morning I was bending over to swish the water round the bath and ouch my back went. Mega ouch. Shouldn't have bent and twisted like that, I know.

Today is also 'illness anniversary day' as in 23 years since the day I consider to be the start of me getting M.E. It had been gradually building up for some time but that was the day my foot decided it was no longer going to walk properly and heralded the start of the viral infection which really kicked things off.

On 'illness anniversary day' I cry. I just do. 

And why not?

23 years is too long to be ill.

No comments: