Translate

Tuesday 29 September 2015

Got to 40 degrees


Here's my leg in the brace which I'm now wearing some of the time. (It actually has another strap and goes up to the top of my thigh) I can't 'walk' at all without it and like the extra support when out in the car or the wheelchair but when lounging around at home it comes off. My leg looks pretty weird when I take it off as it has bulges where the gaps between the straps were. Took some photos but they don't look very nice really.

Went to physio yesterday. She didn't look all that impressed with my attempt at walking which ok is perhaps more like me leaning on the frame and dragging my feet along the floor but hey I'm impressed with it. Don't think she thought much of my quads either which are not exactly bulging, more like barely visible. I need to keep working at building them up (ouch) because apparently they help with walking. However she was pleased with my knee bending which has gone up to 40 degrees. Yay!

After all that exercise my knee was complaining a bit. At about 3 am dosed up with naproxen and cocodamol and still in pain I gave in and took some of the oral morphine I brought home from hospital. That worked. 

Think I need a little nap.


No comments: