Translate

Thursday 22 May 2014

Head aches at the hospital

Talking of doctors J had an out-patient appointment yesterday re his headaches. Doctor wants him to have MRI just to make sure everything ok inside his head. She suggested his headaches might be a type of migraine as it runs in the family - as in me (very occasionally) and both my parents. She said she'd give him 42 Migraleve tablets to try so we handed in her prescription which clearly had '42' on it and waited an hour in pharmacy. I might be missing something but when we opened the bag at home I thought it was quite reasonable to expect there to be 42 tablets in it. Nope. 12 tablets. 2 tablets at start of headache = only 6 headaches worth. Phoned pharmacy 'It's our policy to only give out 12 because if you need more than that you need to see your doctor.' What? This isn't us buying some over the counter at Boots they were prescribed by a paediatrician and she said to have 42. I politely suggested it might have been nice to have actually mentioned it to us while we were there. 'Mmm, I see your point.'

Ok need to be thankful for doctors and medicines, I really do. Anyway he took 2 tablets yesterday and said it helped a bit so that's good.

No comments: