Translate

Tuesday 13 May 2014

Exams

The GCSEs are well under way now. Art is done and dusted. First parts of RE yesterday and Biology today went ok apparently. First part of Chemistry on Thursday.

P has done several invigilation sessions and enjoying it. A few interesting diversions like a Year 8 boy in a mock exam putting up his hand and saying 'Have I done this sum right Sir?' and a Maths question having been printed incorrectly.

For the last 2 weeks I have been frantically hunting for J's Physics and Chemistry revision books which had disappeared.  (Person to whom these books belonged not showing any particular enthusiasm for hunting). Last night I was sitting in the living room conscious that Chemistry was just 3 days away and not able to think of anywhere else to look and wondering why God wasn't answering my prayers and should I spend £12 on getting some new ones. Suddenly something caught my eye - the laptop case lying on the floor a few feet away. I crawled over and opened the side pocket - inside were the revision books. Thanks Lord. I'd asked P if he'd looked in there and he said he'd asked J to look...

No comments: