Translate

Sunday 24 March 2013

Need new bones

Hello. I haven't been blogging because I keep not being able to remember my password.

Life has been busyish of late. Friday before last P and I went to the Ideal Home Exhibition having got free tickets from freecycle. By coincidence J was at a Science Exhibition at Excel on the same day. We managed to time getting the train home really well, getting to his school 5 minutes before his coach arrived. He had a good time and so did we. We bought a slow cooker (which we really needed), I got 3 scarves (would have got 15 if had my way), a device you put on your chair to make you sit in the right position, a great big bag of honey coated nuts (very nice but suspect might be really sugar coated nuts), some Welsh venison pate and mackerel pate and some sugru which is this plastic stuff which is soft when you take it out of the packet then hardens so you can make/mennd things with it. P has mended J's headphones and made a grip for my stylus.

Can't remember last weekend apart from church, must have done something.

On Monday had ultrasound of hands. Doctorsaid he thinks is osteoarthritis with just a bit of inflammation. Then he gave me a steroid injection right in the joint of my most painful finger. Ouch, ouch, ouch. Not only was it really painful for days but it seemed to make me quite ill for days. I'm trying to decide if there's any improvement. Possibly. A bit. Apparently benefits can last for several months, by which time I suppose you've forgotten how painful injection was so you have another.

Talking of bones on Wednesday was having pre-German-tutor-coming tidy up and bent down to pick something off floor when I felt a rib crack. Stupid, horrid, hateful osteoporosis. I'm praying for a new bone miracle I really am. Still crack isn't too bad, bones aren't actually grinding together which is the pits.

Talking of German a) tutor got horribly stuck in mud and had to call out AA to tow car out b) poor J is swotting hard for his oral exam on Tuesday.

Had physio appt Thurs, more exercises plus she suggested splints.

On Friday took J, Tim and Adam to town for youth group trip to Nandos. We went to Nepalese restaurant while they were there. Yum, yum. Several of P's former colleagues there. Had to swap main courses with P as mine was too (spicy) hot for me and his too mild for him.

Have had Mavis here today as it's her birthday. P cooked venison casserole for lunch. Very nice. This afternoon Mavis and I went to a memorial service for a woman who used to sit next to me at old church and also came to coffee morning. She died of a brain tumour. Sad sort of service - sang 'Abide With Me' and 'When I Survey the Wondrous Cross' and 'The Lord's My Shepherd'.

Mavis came back here afterwards. Has been contentedly watching Songs of Praise (doesn't Justin Welby seem nice) and now Antiques Roadshow and listening to J babbling to himself in German.

I hope all this tutoring has been worth it.

   

No comments: