Translate

Friday 8 March 2013

Good and bad times

Life has been sort of a bit crazy recently. I've had several hospital appointments. I started physio on my hands & have been doing exercises which seemed to make them worse. I went back on Monday and they said I'd been overdoing it and with arthritis you don't push through the pain you stop when it hurts. I also had hot wax treatment which is weird. You dip our hands several times into a bath of very hot molten wax so they're coated with several layers. Then they're put in a plastic bag and wrapped in a towel. When it's cooled down the wax just peels off like a pair of gloves. It did help a bit but the effect is temporary.

On Tuesday I had my tummy scanned. It was a bit frustrating as I couldn't see the screen and P could and I was thinking why should he see my internal organs when I couldn't so I kept twisting my neck to get a look until the doctor said 'Stay still.' Anyway he said my liver looked normal (Yay!) but I've got a few gallstones which should come out. I'm sort of thinking do they have to come out when they're not causing any major problems? See what the consultant says when I see him, which was meant to be in 2 weeks but they cancelled it so it's now in 9 weeks.

Anyway enough about health.

Fingers a bit tired so brief summary: had good half term, bought another car - a Skoda Superb which is very roomy for us long-legged types, went on another healing course, church going well, went out to lunch with them on Sunday, weather wet but did have few sunny days, P has been clearing 'garden' currently looks like a wasteland but much bigger wasteland since cut rhododendron back by about 4 feet, went to London to see my sister in law collect another poetry prize, we have really, really awfully incredibly difficult situation in our extended family which has resulted in the whole family being to some extent shocked/hurt/angry/really upset but much as most of us want resolution the one person who could bring that about simply won't.

On to some better news. As J was a bit bored with Maths his school let him study for an A level module and we got the result yesterday and he'd done really well. Well done J. If he was reading this he'd say 'Stop going on about it Mum.' My niece also got very good results for her AS exams. Think we need to go out and eat food to celebrate sometime.

   

No comments: