Translate

Saturday 26 May 2012

Pimms on a sunny Saturday

We are having such nice weather at the moment. This afternoon we went to the Summer Fayre at the junior school. It all went very well. For the first time in my life I tried a glass of Pimms and it is really nice. Why haven't I ever tried it before? Don't know really. J and Adam were bashing each other with inflatable hammers. A lot of the other kids were drenching each other with water - the sponge throwing had got a bit out of hand, more like bucket tipping. All good fun.

This evening we went swimming for the first time, as in J, Adam, Tim and their sisters did while Louise and I watched. I keep thinking there must come a time when we can safely take our eyes off them when they're swimming but it hasn't come yet, especially not today when they were practising 'life saving'.

I'm watching the Eurovision Song Contest for a few minutes. It is dire, it really is.

No comments: