Translate

Friday 11 May 2012

Anticide and fun with a paperclip

"Can you just run past me why you're not ready for school?" I asked J as I came out of the bathroom this morning.
"I was distracted by watching the ants."
I followed his gaze and realised that what would previously have been described as our fruit bowl was now an ant fest. 
Ok. Stay calm.

This called for some drastic action.

Several times over the last few days I have suggested to the other members of my family that they fill in the hole through which the ants are entering but to no avail. I took things into my own hands and bunged it up with white-tack. I then set about killing every ant I could see either by pouring boiling water on them or squashing them with an eraser (sorry if you're a member of the ant protection society). I also, at P's suggestion, put some of the pears they've been eating outside the house in the hope this will lead them away.

My other  fun activity this morning was unblocking our kitchen sink which has been slow to empty recently. Last night I'd poured some foul-smelling enzyme stuff down it and this morning I had a good time fishing bits of brown gunge out of the plug-hole with a bent paperclip. Bliss.

No comments: