Translate

Tuesday 8 May 2012

All birthdayed out

Sorry not been blogging over last few days but I've been busy. On Sunday we met up with my Dad, my brother and his mother in law and we went on the London Eye. This was to celebrate Dad's 80th birthday. Our journey there went very well but there was a bit of an anxious wait for my brother who had got lost and arrived just in time. Out of the six of us three had mobility problems which was a bit of a challenge as there was quite a long slope to go up. It was quite hard for my Dad who walks with two sticks now and is looking very frail. It's quite hard to see him like this now.

Anyway once we were in the Eye we had a great time, just seemed to be over too quickly. If you haven't been I'd totally recommend it.

Afterwards we went to an Italian restaurant nearby and had a nice lunch. Then we said goodbye to the others and wandered along the river bank for a while and headed home.


Yesterday we celebrated J's birthday by taking him and 5 friends to the cinema then to a restaurant (Italian again). I fell asleep during the film but the others enjoyed it. I think quite a lot of sweet-eating went on during the film as they couldn't all manage their puddings.


I'd made J a birthday cake in a hurry and was pleased with how well it turned out really.  Just a victoria sponge with some ready-roll on top but it tasted nice.


Today is P's birthday and quite a significant one. We went out for a simple lunch and P cooked Moroccan chicken in his tagine tonight which was very nice.

 



 

No comments: