Translate

Saturday 25 June 2011

Finally got round to blogging

I can't believe it's so long since I've posted. Don't know why, just haven't felt like it really. Also have been watching Wimbledon quite a lot. Well a lot of a lot really. It's so good they've got the roof now, it would have been a miserable Wimbledon otherwise. For us TV watchers I mean, it's probably been a bit miserable for the people who were huddled in the rain outside Centre Court.

Today I went with P, J & Adam to a model aeroplane show. You can decide for yourself if the reason I went was because watching model aeroplanes fly & trawling round stalls selling model aeroplanes is my idea of bliss or because I wanted to keep the impulse buying to a minimum. Anyway it wasn't too bad really. I spent the first couple of hours mainly sitting in the car because it was a bit chilly. J & Adam went off & came back with a model tank Adam had bought. They then both sat in the car as well looking at the tank. After lunch it got quite sunny so I went & kept P company watching the flying. The boys went for a bit of a walk round then they went & sat in the car for several hours. We had a rather hot journey home with 2 boys squabbling the whole way (he hit me, no he hit me, he pinched me, no he pinched me, he took my glasses, J how many times have I told you not to touch glasses, why?, because people who wear glasses need them & they're expensive, so?, he thumped me, no he thumped me, let go of my ear...). This, I said to P, is what it would be like all the time if we'd had 2 children. We then had a discussion about the possibility of adopting a little sister for J. He was not enthusiastic.
We'd probably stand a good chance of adopting. I have a friend whose husband had a very good income, they lived in a lovely big house with a nice garden, they were obviously excellent parents to their son, they were a really nice couple in their thirties. When a second baby failed to appear on the scene they applied to adopt. 'You're not the sort of people we're looking for,' they were told.
The adoption people would probably look at us say: 'Aging parents, disabled mother, messy house, husband with beard - just sign here.'
By the way, I'm not serious. We are not thinking of adopting.

No comments: