Translate

Wednesday 8 June 2011

Day trip to France

At this moment J is in France! He has gone on a Geography field trip for the day. We agreed P would drop him off at school at 6.15 & then I'd pick him up at 9.30 tonight. So why, why, why instead of lying in bed did I get up this morning & go with them? Just so I could say goodbye to a boy who had gone into 'I haven't really got parents mode' & was totally ignoring me.

Hope he's having a good time & hope it's not raining as he's forgotten his cagoule & hope if it's sunny he remembers to put sunblock on & hope he gets enough to eat.

Is there anything quite as hard as bit by bit having to let your children go?

Actually what I think will happen is the French style police will have one look at the Geography teacher's jacket & kick them out of the country. I mean a yellow jacket. What's he thinking of?


No comments: