Translate

Thursday 17 February 2011

Thursday

Well today really is Thursday (see yesterday). Last night I stayed up far too late doing some writing on our old laptop. I encountered a problem when I tried to save it onto a memory stick & just kept getting error messages. I spent a ridiculous amount of time trying different memory sticks & twiddling them & pushing them in & out etc. After going to bed so late I had some really bad nightmares. One of them was I woke up to find someone had put together a huge jigsaw on our bedroom floor while we were asleep. For some reason I knew it wasn't J. So who was it? I had some other scary dreams too but can't remember them.

It was a good thing I had set my mobile to alarm & remind us it's non-uniform day, especially as J was already wearing his uniform. To forget non-uniform day is embarrassing as it looks to everyone like you're too mean to support the charity it's in aid of. Last time J forgot it was especially frustrating as he'd already given the money in.

Had a bit of a panic last night when P went to the cash machine to get money to pay J's piano teacher. He came back clutching the receipt & looking pale - it showed considerably less than we thought we should have. I quickly checked our balance - it was ok. At that point P realised he'd picked up someone else's receipt. Phew!

J's piano teacher is now coming to our house instead of us going on the long journey there which is much, much better.

Our colds are quite a lot better now apart from J coughing quite a lot at times which probably annoys his teachers but if they want good attendance figures...

No comments: