Translate

Monday 7 February 2011

Sad Sunday

Yesterday wasn't a very good day. At church I sat next to a lady whose son & daughter in law have twins & are expecting another baby. At a scan at 18 weeks the baby was found to have part of her heart missing & isn't expected to live long after birth. I can't imagine how you can cope with something like that.

I was talking to the wife of our ex-minister who died recently, she was really pleased with how the services went & is coping amazingly well. We have been asked to write an article about her husband for the village magazine, I said I'd email it to her before I sent it in.

Then had a text from a friend to say their 14 year old daughter was seriously depressed & had disappeared off into the woods. They were desperately concerned & were going to call the police to look for her. After an hour had a text to say she was back home but wouldn't speak at all. This is just so awful, feeling like that at 14. She's such a lovely girl as well & really clever & talented. There are a lot of problems in the family though. P & I were praying about it & I was quite upset while keeping it from J as it's better he doesn't know.

In the evening we took J to a friend's birthday celebration - pizza & cinema. They saw 3 D Gulliver's Travels & all seemed to have a good time.

No comments: