Translate

Wednesday 17 March 2010

Happy Mother's Day?

Mother's Day didn't turn out quite how I thought it would. It started out good - J gave me lovely purse he'd bought me (my old one was literally falling apart) & P brought me breakfast in bed.
P's brother then turned up for a visit. Sunday morning isn't the most convenient time for us but he said he was happy pottering around while we were at church.
Then we went to church where all the ladies were given polyanthus plants by the children. This is a tradition in our church, it is also a tradition that I systematically kill mine by forgetting to water it. The lady next to me decided to bring hers to a more rapid demise by sitting on it! I couldn't help laughing but she saw the funny side as well.
I noticed that Mavis, the elderly lady we bring to church was looking miserable so I went & asked her how she was & she burst into tears. It turned out she'd been told she probably needs a major operation on her spine. I just sat there hugging her & feeling helpless. She was so upset we brought her back home & she cheered up a bit. However she does have a tendency to be a bit rough with children & when J got in a hump over eating his dinner she grabbed his arm & hurt him slightly. At this point J, who'd had a bad morning at Sunday School & is also turning into a teenager, went into a terrible mood. This continued after Mavis had gone & he declared it had been the worst day of his life (this despite P's brother having given him a huge Lego kit). I reflected on the worst day of my life which was an awful lot worse than J's worst day & ended up feeling really quite sad.
Never mind.

No comments: