Translate

Thursday 26 November 2009

Update

J is still off school. I am desperate for him to go back, I hate him missing so much but I suppose I was ill for two weeks so it's not that unexpected that he has been as well.

Last night I managed to go out - to a Neal's Yard party at Becky's. It was all about organic face creams & bath products. They were very nice and a bit expensive but not too bad. It turned out most of us there have a skin care regime consisting of a splash of water. That's what happens when you have children. When I was at work it was face creams & full make up & blow drying my hair every day. Now it's good if I manage to brush my hair.
I wasn't sure about some of the 'science' though. Not everything that's a 'chemical' is bad for you, water's a chemical after all. And I'm not sure I believe the one about the woman who put so much under-eye cream on that she got giant bags & they had to be cut off & when they were they were full of eye cream.
Anyway I just bought some little Christmas gift packs to see if I like them or not. I just have this suspicion that what you put on your skin might make it feel better & even look better but it doesn't mean it really is better.
It was nice to get out though.

There are so many people I know of who are ill at the moment. This week there's been Tracy who has now recovered from the septicaemia but has problems with her lungs, someone else at church had a stroke but is recovering well and then someone else who has been ill for some time had to have emergency surgery. I haven't heard anything about him today which is good news because I know I'd have got a text if there was bad news.

Yesterday I did a load of cleaning in the kitchen then today I was really tired and crashed out in the afternoon, well as much as J would let me sleep. I've managed to write some of the article for the church magazine on Faith Camp this evening. We used to have a magazine every month but then they changed it to every couple of months with the idea it would be bigger with loads of articles. However we haven't had a magazine since early summer & when I mentioned to the editor I was writing an article he said he would print the magazine when I've done it because he hasn't received anything else. No pressure.

I've just stayed up late watching a documentary about a 3 year old girl who spent most of the night playing with her imaginary friends. She got sorted out in the end though.

I must go to bed.

No comments: